Monday, June 3, 2013

It is 5:30a.m. and I am just coming home from yet another high school grad night.I have to say as tough as it can be I always look foward to April ,May and June ,the hours are rough ,the drive can be long and lonely but the rewards are big.Some of the schools I perform at have been booking the show for 20 plus years, I get to see old friends and make some new one as well when the commitee or administration changes hands. These are loyal customers so they get first crack at next years dates ,they usually book for the following year as soon as i get off stage,with new clients we always make every effort to accommodate their request for specific dates.This year has been extrs busy,I had a few regulars who went price shopping last year ,you guessed it ,cheaper isn't always better ,they got what they paid for ,not only did they book me for 2013,I have a feeling they 'll be calling me back again for next year and for a few more to come. I also got a lot of new business for the same reason.This is the season when the part time wannabees come out ,lets face it you can't be everywhere ,some nights I'll do as many a 3 shows in an evening but it can be a stretch. The fact is you're always going to lose a gig here and there to a lowballer ,don't waste time worring about it ,ther are to many others clients willing to pay for a full time pro and not bith about the price.See you all at the end of June!

No comments:

Post a Comment